Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Phobia Shots"

My sweaty palms are back! (but we’ll get to that part later)

Yesterday Dr. Winslow called to let me know we currently have 10 embryos (YES 10!) and that he would like to let them incubate a few more days.  This means our “transfer” aka “implantation day" will be this THURSDAY!  He said they will plan to transfer TWO embryos to increase the chance of pregnancy which in turn will also increase the chance of multiple babies (twins!).  Once again, those of you who already have kids will think I am legally insane when I say this but “I kinda want twins”!

Okay, onto the sweaty palms…

Last night was the first night of the… let’s just called them “PHOBIA SHOTS” (you’ll see why later)!  The “phobia shots” will continue once daily for the next 12 weeks (yes, unbelievable), are with a much larger needle than the previous shots…oh and they are a super thick “cotton seed oil and progesterone" mixture!  Last night as JCH and I were reading over the new “injection instructions” I literally started to cry.  I know it had to have been partially because of the hormones, probably a lot to do with my fear of needles but I think the majority of the tears came from being sick of shots and knowing I’m going to be doing this for a lot longer than just a few weeks! After having my little “cry baby” fit, a wave of nausea hit me, followed by dizziness and the immediate need to sit down before I passed out.  From now on I will call this “Casey’s stages of FEAR”.  Joking around with a coworker about it this morning I got curious about the actual physical symptoms of fear and came across this:

The symptoms of blood-injection-injury phobia are slightly different from other phobias.   Like other phobias, you initially feel anxious as your heart speeds up. However, unlike other phobias, this acceleration is followed by a quick drop in blood pressure, which leads to nausea, dizziness, and fainting. Although a fear of fainting is common in all specific phobias, blood-injection-injury phobia is the only phobia where fainting can actually occur.

Anyway, now that you know all about “blood injection injury phobia” (LOL) we can get back to my story!  When speaking about being tortured, I can actually say that JCH did a great job (he’s very steady and confident-which helps me feel a little better).  These shots are the first to actually make me jump when he pokes me (yeah it hurt)!  The injection site is a little sore today and we'll have to switch to the other “love handle” tonight!  In the case of hormone injections it pays to have a little “spare tire” to have more space to choose from for injection sites.  Too bad I didn’t bulk up my diet to help with that!

I said “the sweaty palms are back”…but it seems it was much more than that this time!  I know it comes off as though all I've done is complain...I'm just feeling like a baby lately...I'm ready to be happy glowing preggo lady with a baby on the way (or two). :)

Wish me luck tonight! Countdown to Thursday!

This is what I look like!

  





2 comments:

  1. Casey I just got caught up on all these exciting developments!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?