Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Anticipation

You all have met somebody who can’t just listen to your crazy, wonderful, hilarious, or traumatic story without telling you about their much crazier, more wonderful, even more hilarious, or more traumatic story than yours.  As I sit here and think about the wonderful rollercoaster we have been on so far I cant help but think, "I am constantly “one upping” myself"! When JCH and I got the amazing news that they found sperm, I cried and said that it was the happiest day of my life (I also said that on my wedding day).  Unless you have been faced with the horror of not knowing whether your husband will be the sperm donor for your children you could never imagine the orgasmic flood of emotions when you find out HE WILL.  BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!! (or so I said) Yesterday, I “one upped” myself.  It was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE…and orgasmic doesn’t even begin to describe how amazing I feel! 

You probably guessed by now, we’re PREGNANT!!!  Yep, crying again.  I can’t even begin to describe how amazing it was to share our news over and over again…with my mom, mother-in-law, father-in-law (surprisingly emotional), sisters, and best friends (and now with y'all).  What a day!   It truly is unbelievable how lucky JCH and I have been through this whole process.  From finding out that I wasn’t a carrier of CF, finding out JCH had viable sperm, that we retrieved 14 eggs, got 10 embryos, implanted 2 embryos, and froze 3 embryos.  AND NOW WE ARE PREGNANT on the first cycle!  It’s hard for me to not think that KARMA has come back around.  All of those small kind, selfless, thoughtful, generous, do-gooder things that JCH and I have done in our lifetime have finally come back to award us the greatest gift of all-A BABY!

Over the past 2 weeks I've honestly felt "different".  Most people find out that they are pregnant well after I have...and dont get the opportunity to get excited with anticipation with every twitch or twinge in their belly and could probably never relate their constant thirstiness and "night peeing" to being pregnant...but I felt it...and I knew.

And now we wait...again.  What an exciting wait though!  How many babies will we be having?  Boy? Girl? Both?  This is an exciting wait!
1st "bump" picture :)

8 comments:

  1. Doing cartwheels as we speak!!! Y'all are the most giving, caring, sincere couple and your child is already so blessed to have you as parents. I couldn't be happier for your growing family. Looking forward to this next chapter in your journey and more bump pictures!!!!!! Love y'all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked this blog like 5 times yesterday. :)
    Congratulations Mama-to-Be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAY Casey and John!! I almost cried reading this!!! :) Karma or no karma, you deserve this!! Congratulations! You are going to be the cutest momma EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis makes me smile, get goosebumps, cry and do it all over again for you, Casey! I am so so so so excited for you and John. This is the BEST part of life. Welcome to the Club, MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, you look HUGE in your first bump picture!!!! kidding. you look beautiful. as always. I don't know who is more excited, me or you! CONGRATS again!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all seriously ARE THE BEST!!!! Thank you so much for all of your support so far, your amazingly kind words and of course for following me while jCH and I embark on this journey!! I love y'all! ps Whitney-you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I am just now reading this post and can't tell you how unbelievably excited I am for you.... You already are and will continue to be an amazing mother to that (those) little baby(ies)! Thanks again for letting me be a part of this journey.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?