Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Feeling Good

Wednesday we drove down to JAX and went in early Thursday morning for the embryo transfer.  Out of the 10 embryos that Dr. Winslow initially was watching, they transferred TWO (and are likely freezing at least 4).  The procedure lasted about 30 minutes and than they left me laying partially upside down on a wedge and tilted bed for another 30 minutes (not nearly as fun as it sounds).  JCH and I joked about the whole upside down thing before hand…and it’s no myth…they actually do that!
The WEDGE, my gown, cap and slippers

ME nearly totally upside down
After my 30 minutes upside down I was sent home, confined to bed rest (awesome), and was ordered to elevate my hips with at least two pillows for the remainder of the day (not so awesome).  JCH was a wonderful doting husband all day yesterday, making sure to read my post-op instructions word for word, and ensuring that it wasn’t necessary for me to even lift a finger.  I told him that the nurse said my mild nausea was most likely from being slightly “hyper stimulated” but that Gatorade and V-8 juice would help.  While I napped at the hotel, JCH filled the entire back of the SUV with Gatorade and V-8 Splash from the store across the street.  I giggle and think its super “cute” because I see him caring for me in a way that shows what a remarkable daddy he will be.  I love him.

I woke up feeling great today!  I slowly nose-dived into a sleepy state with mild cramping in the afternoon.  Not sure if it’s because it’s Friday or if it’s symptoms of my little embryos working hard to implant (take all the energy you need super embryos).  In tradition of my typical mentality I have also been giving my little embryos pep talks throughout the day!  You would be embarrassed for me if I told you what I said…but just as JCH testes got a pep talk…these “little guys” are too!

Ooooo…I almost forgot to mention the CRAZY FOOT CRAMPS!  The doctor didn’t have an explanation, and I am eating really well sooo I can’t really explain it, but I have been having FREQUENT foot cramps…and I’m talking 5-minute long, ugly face-making, silent-grunting foot cramps.  So bad that JCH fears that I'll get another one...lol.  JCH has been massaging my feet to hopefully prevent more from happening...here is hoping...

Well…BEST FOR LAST…drum roll please….
The pregnancy test has been set and ordered for Monday, November 14th at 8am!!!  Sadly, the blood work will be sent off to Florida and we won’t know the results until later in the day.  I think I’m going to ask that Patty conference call both of us so that we can find out together...I would rather us be together when we find out…but at the very least both on the call.  I guess nothing has been “normal” this whole time…why start now!

3 comments:

  1. Fun, emotional and gripping blog. All the best with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Aly! I'm glad that you have enjoyed it thus far! :) Exciting days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. November 14... countdown! Of course JCH is pampering you! I wouldn't explain anything less. xo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?