Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sleep, Sleep and More Sleep

Guess what I've been doing for the past 34 hours? Yep, you guessed it, sleeping! Which is why I am just now updating y'all...sorry for those (of my few but precious readers) that I have left waiting in suspense.

Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible.  My ovaries were so swollen that they were making me extremely uncomfortable.  It was almost as if all of my eggs grew 100 times their size overnight!  Thank goodness that I was on my way to the hospital for them to relieve some of that fullness by extacting my eggs... because "extremely uncomfortable" quickly turned to "can barely walk, laugh, or move without pain".  When I got to the hospital at 8am they quickly took me back to prep me for the procedure.  There was a woman on the other side of the curtain who was in front of me for the same thing so I got to listen to all of the instructions twice.  Another thing I got to listen to was her coming out of the operating room completely looped out of her mind on anesthesia...which was pretty hilarious.  My mind drifted as to how crazy I might act coming out of there and what might slip out of my mouth...if only I had asked them to record it...because sadly I dont remember a thing.   The procedure went great and they got 14 eggs!!! When I asked the doctor if that was a good number he told me that they "hope for" anywhere between 10 and 15....so that was great!

They put me in a wheelchair and brought me downstairs to the car where JCH was waiting for me.  Patty was luckily there this weekend (they alternate) so she wheeled me down, helped me up, gave me a huge hug, and wished us a safe journey home to Charleston.  Remind me to get her a nice thank you gift.

I made a little palet in the backseat of the EDGE and slept the entire way home...ate some food when we got home...took my meds....and than slept the entire day/night away.  Yesterday after the procedure my fullness went away and was replaced by cramping and strange jolts of pain.  Today the fullness is back (which they said most likely the fluid would build back up) and I've got a little cramping and you guessed it, I've slept most of the day.  They said today would be a little rough but that tomorrow I should be feeling 85% better! Tomorrow I will also get a call from Dr. Winslow telling us how the embryos are looking and what day the transfer will be!

Today was our "conception day"!  How cool is that? They fertilized my eggs with JCH's sperm in the lab today!  JCH and I celebrated our conception day at iHop because I had a ridiculous craving for all things BREAKFAST! We toasted over pancakes and 70+ year old couples...very romantic!  Tomorrow we start up a new round of shots (that will continue 12+ weeks)...not really looking forward to that.  This progesterone in cottonseed oil is much thicker so it requires a thicker needle, and cannot be injected into a blood vessel.  The way you test that the needle is not in a blood vessel is by poking the needle and pulling back on the syringe and if blood shows in the syringe or not.  Much more complicated than the pinch, poke and inject that we've BEEN doing with a much smaller needle.  UGH!

Well, I guess I will have more news to share tomorrow!!! We have had such wonderful news throughout this whole process I'm still just holding my breathe in disbelief that we are this lucky.  Please pray, send energy, or whatever it is you believe will bring us good news over the next few weeks!  I'm so happy right now I could fly! :)
JCH snapped a pic of Teddy Roosevelt taking advantage of the permanent fixture on our couch yesterday-ME

1 comment:

What do you think?