Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Boy or Girl??

Happy Super Tuesday (and by super I mean it was fabulous for our little family)! :)

What a day! I left the house before 8am and got home long after 8pm! That's a long day for me! TOTALLY worth it though!!! Our ultrasound this morning was by far the best! Not to belittle the others...but words can’t describe how amazing it was. I cried the whole time (tears literally poured from my eyes while watching them measure the femur and humorous-lol). I kept thinking back to our 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks when our baby was literally JUST a beating heart...and then today getting to see the 4 completely developed chambers of the heart...just a miracle. JCH and I made a fun little video to "announce" baby hoffman's gender so I wanted to share that with y'all too!

In the meantime, we found out that our umbilical chord is not centered on the placenta (which is more typical) and therefore they would like to watch and make sure the baby is growing at the expected rate. The funny thing about that is that baby hoffman is actually BIGGER then he should be...measuring a whole 6 days ahead of his "age" at 14 oz (nearly a pound now). They said the chord placement isn’t anything to worry about...but it does get us an extra ultrasound (which I'm super pumped about). So we'll be back to see the doctor at 24 weeks for the (standard) yummy diabetes drink and check up...and then again at 28 weeks for another ultrasound (yippee).

I was hoping to be able to download the video straight to this page...but it appears that the file size is too big for "blogger".  Follow this link below...and scroll down until you see the video on my facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/#!/casey.luxem (If we aren't already friends...feel free to friend request me too). 





3 comments:

  1. I watched the video the other day. I won't spoil it; Cullen and I both watched it, and of course, I got misty. I couldn't be happier for you and John. Baby Hoffman is one lucky little...baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Congrats :), such an exciting time! Jonathan and I loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin and Ashley! Every time that I have a rough day I remind myself that this is all such a miracle and that our little bundle will be every bit worth it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?