Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pregos say the darndest things

I guess if you haven’t watched the video on my facebook wall by now…you probably aren’t going to…so I should probably disclose…IT’S A BOY!!!  I thought he was a boy from the very start but for some reason really kind of secretly hoped for a girl.  Dont worry there is NO DISSAPOINTMENT from this girl.  I am even more thrilled that its a boy for some reason.  There hasn’t been a boy in my family for two generations (until now) so the idea of a boy is just way too cool!!!  JCH is such a “man” with his outdoor activities…fishing and hunting…and I can’t imagine him not having his boy to share those hobbies with.  We are going to have so much fun with this little guy!!!

21 weeks pregnant and I am fully loaded with hormones and pregnancy related symptoms.  Although I’m still getting sick from time to time I have finally acquired that APPETITE!  Boy have I acquired an appetite!!!  Last night I went grocery shopping on an empty stomach and came home nearly 2 hours later…with $100 worth of junk food.  I’ve gotten to the point where everything I see- I want to eat.  I’ll be watching tv and they are eating pancakes and from that point on I cant stop thinking about getting my hands on some pancakes…or popcorn…or ANYTHING else that might come across the television.  It’s out of control how much I want food when I see it.  The funny thing is that I don’t have any random cravings…unless I see food!

I’ve also really brought a whole new meaning to “pregnancy brain”.  I do attribute this to having a double dose of pregnancy.  What do I mean by that? (no I’m not having twins)  I have been working on a huge renaming and rebranding project at work for almost a year now that we have set our launch date for May 1st.  I literally countdown the weeks with both the baby…and “the baby” (the name launch).  I have become so overwhelmed with deadlines and information that I can’t keep my head on straight…and I’m pregnant.  A few days ago a project committee at work was meeting with a vendor that normally I “middleman” communication with…and I started the conversation by telling them I requested the meeting because “our group wanted to hear the details from the horses’ ass….errrrr horses’ mouth”. Honest to God the moment it came out of my mouth I corrected it…but that didn’t prevent 15 minutes of comments and jokes at my expense.  This is just one example of the ridiculous things that have come out of my mouth lately. What about things I do?  I rear-ended someone at a stop light a few weeks ago…and I melted JCH’s “breathers” last night.  YUP!  For those that don’t know…since JCH has Cystic Fibrosis he is “prescribed” to do breathing treatments twice daily.  After his treatments he puts the plastic mouthpieces into a pot and boils them to sterilize.  As I was cooking last night I accidentally turned on the wrong burner…and minutes later realized I had melted his plastic breathers.  Partially his fault for putting them in a pot on the stove (with no water)…but definitely an absent-minded mistake on my part! YIKES! Good thing he had extras!

Teddy (our Cavapoo) has also noticed the hormones.  It’s the only thing I can attribute to his “funny” behavior lately.  I noticed a few weeks ago that Teddy was licking the carpet…ALOT!  JCH and I noticed it more around where we so foolishly eat dinner at the coffee table in front of the tv…so we thought maybe he was scavenging for food crumbs.  But then, he started licking the couches…and my sweat pants…and my bath towels…and nearly anything that I touched.  Someone mentioned that he is trying to put his smell on things that I touch (to mark me as his territory)…but another person mentioned that licking is sometimes caused by anxiety.  Either way they both sound pregnancy related.  He definitely knows something is up.  He is more obsessed with mommy then usual…and will attempt to lie across my belly as if he is trying to get closer than the baby inside me.  He will just sit and stare at me as though he’s trying to communicate something to me.  It’s the sweetest thing.  One day while lying across my belly the baby kicked and Teddy looked back at me as if I had nudged or thumped him…it was the funniest thing!  AHHH SIBLING RIVALRY starts early!  For those who know JCH and I you know that we are OBSESSED with little TEDDY. He is our baby!  He has taken more road trips and flown on more airplanes than most people (and he’s only a year old).  It concerns us that he is (and will be) so affected by this.  Our vet actually teaches a class at the hospital about “introducing your dog and baby” and we plan to go to see what we can do to help the transition for Teddy. If you’ve been through this and have any advice on what’s worked with your “fur babies” and new baby PLEASE share…we would love some friendly tips!

On another note…I’m saving Johns melted plastic breathers and “thinking on” how I can use them to make some money for my Great Strides campaign (details coming soon on that)…I mean they kind of look like a piece of art now! LOL :)

JCH's breathers (just as they sat in the pot) melted all together

Side shot of the melted plastic

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?