Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Guess Where We Are?

Yep, WE are in Jacksonville! I have driven down here so many times in the past two weeks that I feel like I could do it while texting, eating, maybe even blogging (but I wont).  Wednesday I came down (for the second time this week) and had my last follicle monitoring and estradiols.  My follicles (not sure when I can call them eggs) have grown to what Dr. Winslow had hoped and he was comfortable with moving forward.  My estrogen levels were slightly elevated so he put me on a THIRD set of shots (lupron) that I started today, and than tomorrow will begin my fourth type, my "trigger shots"!

Guess what else is tomorrow?  JCH's sperm retrieval! WHOA! Sorry to spring that one on ya! I've cut my lunches short, worked longer hours, have traveled over 400 miles almost every day this week and just haven't had a moment (that I wasn't yearning for sleep and/or apparently driving) to sit down and catch y'all up!  So yep, we're back down here in Jacksonville TOGETHER and sperm retrieval is tomorrow and egg retrieval is Saturday! EEEEEEEEEE!!!! JCH checks in at 8am tomorrow, procedure is at 9am, he'll be done by 10am and out of recovery by 11am.  We wont know whether they were able to get "viable sperm" until Saturday morning after the sperm incubate over night.  In all of this, this is what scares me (not sure if that's the right word) the most.  I know that whatever way that JCH and I have a child together we will love it the same so please dont get me wrong when I express how much I want their to be viable sperm.  Let me see if I can explain.  I'm sure most of you admire your spouses or significant others the way that I do (if you could say you are obsessed, than you do) but I honestly want so badly to watch my child grow up and be JUST LIKE JCH!  He is so smart, and brave, and kind and honestly I dont know a better man and could probably not even imagine one up!  So you can see, we would be doing the world a favor to have another one of him (hee hee only kidding).  You get my point though, I love JCH and I want his little spawn. 

I'll try to get some pictures...how cool would that be to introduce y'all to Dr. Winslow and Patty and the awesome girls who do my blood work and check me in when I'm here?  So many emotions as we go into tomorrow! I will update y'all on how JCH is doing after his procedure tomorrow and hopefully I will be lucid enough to update y'all on Saturday with GOOD news! :) Happy (almost) Friday! GO TEXAS RANGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?