Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Indescribable


Today was JCH's sperm retrieval.  They were set to attempt two different procedures in order to retrieve viable sperm.  MESA (which is a less invasive procedure which includes a small needle in the testes to extract the sperm) or TESE (which is a more invasive procedure that involves an incision in the testes and a biopsy to extract sperm).  They SUCCEEDED in extracting sperm by only needing to perform the less invasive procedure! YES, you READ that right...THEY GOT SPERM!!!!!!  They initially told us we would have to wait to find out until tomorrow but because they got such a good sample they were confident they had viable sperm today!!!!

I honestly sat here and stared at the computer screen for several minutes not even sure how to express my happiness!!!! It's indescribable! Indescribable joy is the perfect description!! Is that an oxymoron?  This morning while getting ready to head to the hospital, I gave JCH's testes a little pep talk...I think they needed a little encouragement and it worked!!!  JCH said he has had several omens over the past few days...good omens.  That sufficed as my pep talk!

JCH is feeling good (no pain at present moment) and catching up on some serious sleep today!!! I told him that this is HIS day...any type of spoiling I can do for him...all he needs to do is ask!  Hopefully he'll take my lead on the "royal treatment" when the roles are reversed!  He will potentially have 9 months to practice giving the "royal treatment"...hee hee! :)

I'll try to update y'all tomorrow once I know more about my eggs...but I may be out like sleeping beauty below...

JCH sleeping like a baby at our hotel while I catch up on R&R and daytime TV



At the hospital in the recovery room after I jumped up and down with excitement of the wonderful news and than cried, and than pretty much went looney with excitement


1 comment:

  1. HOOOORAYYYYY!!!! I'm doing cartwheels and jumping up and down for y'all! I'm so incredibly excited! Your love for each other and your love to start a family is absolutely heartwarming. I LOVE YOU JCH! I LOVE YOU CAS! I'm SCREAMING CAN YOU TELL?!?! I can't describe how happy I am for you. xoxoxoxoxo squeezing you from afar! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?