Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

To “B” or Not To “B”

The much anticipated HSG was a “walk in the park” yesterday compared to the unexpected news from my doctor that followed.  I’ll get to the HSG later, as my attention is now focused on a much bigger matter.  So let’s just get down to the bottom of this.  The doctor notified me that my blood work had come back and that my results showed “positive” for Hepatitis B!

Pause for “gasp”

YES, HEPATITIS B!!!!  I’m not judging other people but those who know me would agree with me when I say that anything starting with “hepatitis” was seriously NEVER (I can’t stress that enough) something I would consider myself “at risk” for!  Another important detail in this matter was that Hepatitis B is primarily a Sexually Transmitted Disease and JCH’s (husband) blood work came back negative for Hepatitis B (and yes, we have consummated our marriage).

Before you get yourself in a tizzy about this, like I did yesterday (my eyes are still swollen from crying) I am pleased to inform you that the new blood work came back today and I DO NOT have Hepatitis B!  THANK GOD!  Makes me want to shout from the rooftops, kiss a baby, and than go home and pop a bottle of bubbly with my husband (as a matter of fact-I think I will).   

Back to the HSG:  For those who are curious, it wasn’t much worse than a “standard” OB visit except a little more discomfort than usual and slight cramping for a few hours afterwards.  Also worth mentioning, the doctor said my uterus was “perfection” (his words) and was giddy to have such a “beautiful” (his words again) uterus to “work with”.   I’m still much jumbled over this and not sure how to wrap this one up….

I will open the floor for discussion now…
**shout out to WO for the title

5 comments:

  1. jaw on floor. how did the blood center mess that up? how does that happen? unnecessary stress! I feel like I need to go down there and speak with someone. But thank God you are OK and the results are negative. you had me there a moment and was about to press case speed dial.

    I'm so happy to hear your Uterus is PERFECTION. quite the compliment!! Celebrate the wins. Hope you are enjoying the bubbly with the hubs. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! What a fright!
    Glad you and your perfect uterus are A-Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies-I'm glad yall think having a perfect uterus is worth celebrating too! :) TAM-I KNOW!!! My fertility doctors office isn't where I initially got the blood work so I can't really be mad at them--except for the fact that more and more people are telling me that "false positives" are actually pretty common and a doctors office should know that and have addressed it a little differently. They had me convinced I was about to have to make some lifestyle changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, I would expect nothin less than a perfect uterus to house my eight little nieces for 9 months. Loves and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sooooooo NOT funny Bri....not EIGHT!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?