Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Information Overload

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I’ve been on a small work-induced hiatus—but am back and have LOTS to share!

I’ve started my 21-day cycle of birth control (as well as prenatal vitamins) and am feeling the hormones already (yes I’m sensitive).  I’ve been slightly grumpy and horribly nauseous.  My body just does not like birth control.  I’ve tried just about everything—taking different forms, taking it at different times of day, and taking it with different foods.  Small price to pay and I'm not complaining (okay maybe a little).

I’ve also been doing very well with my eating habits.  I’m down to 1 cup of coffee a day (as opposed to 3), I’ve started drinking “green monsters” every morning for breakfast, I’ve QUIT fast-food for lunch, and have been incorporating MUCH healthier dinner options with lots of VEGGIES!

JCH and I have also started a "bonding and de-stressing" regimen that involves massages and intimacy on a daily basis (tmi sorry) that we hope will keep us both in good spirits and connected throughout this whole crazy experience!

I’ve got some VERY important dates on my calendar now too!  Tomorrow, August 30th I go in for a sonogram and a “trial transfer”.  September 8th I will go in for an ultrasound.  September 9th I will go in for a check-up and begin my Lupron injections (September 9th is also one of my besties “due date”-YAY!!!).  The Lupron will help control ovulation and stimulate follicle growth—getting my body aligned and ready to do exactly what the doctors need it to do at the “perfect time”.  Beginning September 22rd I will have a check-in appointment just about every day to check the progress of my follicles, etc.  September 23rd is when I will begin my “stimulating meds” (more hormone injections).  AND FINALLY, THE TWO BIG DATES ARE:  October 4th and October 7th (as long as everything goes according to the plan).  October 4th is “retrieval day” (sounds like a holiday).  Retrieval day scares the CRAP out of me!  Both and I will go in as patients this day.  I will be under anesthesia in order for the doctors to extract my eggs and JCH will be poked and prodded and will potentially need a biopsy to exhaust every possibility of retrieving sperm that can be used to fertilize my eggs.  If at that time sperm cannot be retrieved we will HAVE to use the sperm donor (which we still have yet to select).  October 7th is our “implantation day” which will involve implanting the fertilized egg/s (embryos) in my uterus… and than a long 14-day wait to see if we are pregnant! 

If all goes according to our current timeline we will know whether we will be “expecting” by October 21st (5 days after my birthday). J I’ll keep y’all posted on the “trial transfer” and “sonogram” that is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon! Wish us luck!

My Green Monster-yum!

2 comments:

  1. whats in the green monster?? i love the idea of the "bonding and destressing" regimen, i would like to implement this into our daily life as well. So many exciting dates coming up case!! Can't wait to vid chat with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chck out the website "green monster movement"--so many great recipes! I put kale, spinach, fresh fruit, flax seed, V-8 Splash, and benefiber (to offset the prenatal vitamin constipation-yeah-gross!!) yes let's vid chat tomorrow!! Can't wait!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?