Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Body Check

My womb…first things first…no more Subchorionic Hemotoma! It’s gone! The symptoms stopped a week or so ago and at Tuesdays appointment the doctor and ultrasound technician saw absolutely no evidence of it! WOOHOO! Not only am I pleased to not have that over my head (and in the back of mind) anymore…but that means JCH and I can resume our normal married couple relations (candle light dinner tonight? I think so!).  We weren’t scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday but I was having “growing pains” so the doctor wanted to have a look just incase.  Everything looked great…and we even got to see “baby chudo” long enough for him to wave hello (and he looked great too).

My stomach…“Morning sickness” symptoms are still in full swing.  While at the doctor we addressed the whole “I’m 15 weeks and still puking, gagging at nearly everything, and not able to eat much but cereal” thing.  Two potential culprits we decided we’d “take off the table” were the mucus drainage and the prenatal vitamins.  Apparently when you are pregnant your mucus membranes go a little crazy trying to protect your body from infections (mainly in your vagina-but also in your sinuses).  Mine is so bad that when I puke (WARNING-DISGUSTING) there is so much mucus in the toilet that I could probably fill an entire Gatorade bottle (I warned you).  Dr. C put me on Claritan to try to calm down my overactive (and seemingly overprotective) “mucus membranes”.  He also recommended that I switch out my prenatal vitamin for 2 Flintstones vitamins as prenatal vitamins are usually pretty rough on the stomach.  I’ve had 2 good days and 2 bad days since making these two changes so, “to be continued” on whether they were the culprits or whether I’m just one of those “lucky” pregnant women who suffer from “morning sickness” throughout the entire pregnancy.

My belly…is looking more like a “prego belly” and less like a “big lunch belly”.  It’s interesting how the size and shape change nearly everyday.  I’ve noticed such a difference in the past 4 weeks in how my belly looks and feels.  I’m becoming a lot less bloated and gassy and a lot more HUNGRY.  I eat just about every 2 hours and if I stray at all from that schedule my stomach feels so empty that it may cave in.  As hungry as I feel I still don’t really have an appetite, and therefore it becomes a 2 hour force-feed schedule.  I keep buying new things at the grocery store thinking that maybe “my little indian boy” just maybe doesn’t like what I’m feeding him, but I just end up with a refrigerator overflowing with nothing that either of us want to eat.  Let’s hope “baby chudo” isn’t as picky an eater when he joins us as he is en utero.

My mind…is all over the place.  Yesterday I left work a little early because I was having a hard time getting a good breath of air, my skin was crawling, and although my body felt exhausted and paralyzed I had a terrible case of restless leg syndrome.  I called JCH and he said it sounds like I was having an “anxiety attack”.  I PROMISE you, I don’t have anything crazy on my mind, I’m not stressing myself out, I’m getting enough sleep, I’m incorporating a little exercise into my days…so there really was no explanation, other than the hormones.  Oh crazy hormones...not crazy Casey! (reminds me of another scene from the movie Knocked Up)

My joys...JCH and I are having a lot of fun talking about “when baby arrives”.  His eyes light up when we talk about holding our little bundle of joy in our arms.  We talk about baby proofing the house, and what kind of parents we want to be (while also psycho analyzing ourselves and how are parents sculpted who we are).  We took our pup Teddy to the Vet early this week for his yearly check up and learned that his doctor teaches a class about “introducing baby and pup” at our hospital.  We’ll definitely be attending…it’s something we’ve been wondering about for a while.  Teddy is our little baby right now, and we don’t want “chudo’s” arrival to change anything about that.  We will just have to be blessed with two wonderful babies.  If our obsession with Teddy is any indication of what kind of parents we will be, we need to be cautious we dont raise a little rotten child…because Teddy is definitely spoiled rotten.

Yoga has taught me to do a little “self awareness” body check every once in a while…and I feel like today’s post was just me going through my check boxes to see “how I’m doing”…I feel much better now...and hopefully you can do a little "self awareness" body check to see how your doing too!  Happy Friday everyone!


1 comment:

What do you think?