Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Helllllllo 2nd trimester?

A good friend of mine (also 13 weeks pregnant) ventured out with me to attend a prenatal yoga class last Thursday and I think I speak for both of us when I say how awesome it was.  It’s ridiculous how WEAK my body has gotten from absolutely NO EXERCISE over the past few months.  Okay, I have had some exercise, if you count my daily puking routine as an abdominal workout.  I must say it’s pretty effective in the sweat-breaking and lunch buster departments but highly un-enjoyable and not recommended!  Prenatal yoga however was awesome!  My poor thighs shook with each lunge that we held more than a few seconds, and my arms screamed for a break during warrior pose but it felt so great and I honestly wish I could do it everyday.  I didn’t break a sweat but my body (and mind) felt so good afterwards.  I bought a bundle of classes so not only will I be returning for more “arm screaming and thigh shaking” I’ve got a little fire under my “ever growing” butt to finally do something about that “yoga room” I initially planned on having.

Speaking of holistic therapies I also had an acupuncture treatment this weekend.  The purpose of this treatment was “to promote overall health and function of my body and organs” to assist with the healing of my “SCH” (subchorionic hematoma).  I’ve had acupuncture before but never did the needles hurt going in…this time they did.  Is the pregnancy making my body sensitive maybe? I’ll keep y’all posted on whether I feel the treatment was helpful.  I was disappointed to find out that acupuncture can’t be used for “pain management” further into the pregnancy (back pain, etc.) as acupuncturists are banned from points on the abdomen, lower back, head and ears…which apparently are the major “points” that help with that sort of thing…major bummer.

Friday we had our 1st trimester screening and everything seemed to be going perfectly. According to the ultrasound evaluation our baby has all normal measurements and although we’re still waiting on the results from the blood screening the doctor said based on what he sees we should have nothing to worry about.  They were screening for increased or decreased risk of chromosomal abnormalities that would potentially cause Down Syndrome, Trisomy-21, and Trisomy-18.  Should hear something this week. 

With the 1st trimester screening out of the way I am longing for the 2nd trimester to “officially” begin…meaning no more puking, more energy, less grouchy…more of the bubbly happy pregnant lady that I always imagined myself to be... I’ve also always imagined myself to be a food loving, face stuffing fool...fried pickles and strange “street food vendors”...yummy yummy yummy! Still, I’m on a “need to force food down” basis…not cool…when do I get to eat?

JCH and I talked a lot this weekend about baby plans.  For those who know me pretty well I’m slightly annoying when it comes to “planning”.  “Failure to plan is planning to fail” is a strict motto that normally helps me stay focused and grounded (and sane), but right now it's just a haunting subconscious that I cant tune out.  All I can accomplish lately is the bare minimum (and that is really a stretch) so you can only imagine the internal battle I've got going on...I just want to start nesting!

I've got a ton of pics to share from our appointment last friday, but the pictures are on a CD and apparently the disk reader on my laptop is broken...soooo I'll try to post some tomorrow from work! For now...we are "out of the closet" and official since posting this picture on facebook tonight!

We're OFFICIAL

2 comments:

  1. I want that picture on my fridge, honestly, the glow you two have is absolutely heartwarming! I'm so happy for you case. You are already a fun prego lady, look at your bubbly blog! I can't wait to see you! I'm already planning your shower. I'm that cray cray. Kiss and hugs to you both. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited the secret is out!! Can't wait to meet "The Hoff"! (sorry I couldn't resist lol)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?