Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

BIG DECISIONS MADE IN OUR HOUSE THIS WEEK!

I’ve refrained from saying anything until now because I’ve chosen to stay positive and not reflect on the negative however I’m coming clean and getting it off of my chest.  I REALLY DISLIKE (trying really hard not to say HATE) my fertility doctor and clinic!  Since day one I have been in shock that I receive better customer service, open communication and more information when I spend $20 at Target than when I’m spending close to $20K to create a human life with our fertility clinic.  It’s been impossible to get the doctor on the phone for any questions, and his nurse coordinator lacks communication skills and the understanding that “we have never done this before”!  This is an extremely scary, emotional, and overwhelming process that is meant to bring great joy to our lives and nothing was done to help us with this other than taking our money (and sperm and eggs) to do some lab work.  It was so impersonal and complicated that we decided we WANT MORE...we fired our doctor!

Out with the old, in with the new!  We've started communication and paperwork with a fertility clinic in Jacksonville, Florida-Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine-a 4 hour drive away! We found the new clinic after A LOT of research online and after finding them on Parents™ Magazine “10 BEST Fertility Centers" in the US list.

I'm leaving the negative energy in the past...along with that terrible doctor and his clinic.  Normally one might expect that I would be over dramatic and make a hasty decision, but this was actually the "final straw" for JCH.  He was the one who said "enough is enough" with this doctor. I can only imagine the regret that JCH and I would have, had we gone through with this clinic and did not get pregnant.  My guess is that we would have assumed they botched the procedure and it would have been impossible to admit that it just wasn’t in the cards this time.

We've set a phone consultation for early next week with the new doctor and will find out exactly how much of our previous labs, sonograms, etc. can be used, how many trips we will need to make down to Jacksonville, and how much this is going to delay everything for us.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ONLY a month delay.  I received a huge shipment in the mail last week of hormone injections that I get to look at everyday like "salt in the wound" to remind me that I should have started the process already! As you can see, I'm torn.  I do not regret our decision, I just wish it wasn't so!

On another note, the birth control is making me moody and extremely emotional and irrational.  I'm sticking to my healthy eating and I'm down to less than a full cup of coffee per day.  I think this week I'll try one cup of 1/2 CAFF.  A little progress each day!

Hope y'all have a great week!!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. It was a bumpy start, but good things are to come my dear. 10 ten fertility clinics in the country!! A clinic can not be awarded that name without great patient service. My heart breaks for your frustrating and emotional start to this beautiful journey, but you are strong my dear and y'all are making the right decision. looking forward to hearing about the new clinic! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think this is a brave and judicious decision, and I want to say Good For You!! There's a lot of wisdom in this statement: " My guess is that we would have assumed they botched the procedure and it would have been impossible to admit that it just wasn’t in the cards this time." I also admire, as always, your optimism and determination. I agree with Tamra, good things are to come, and I can't wait to hear about the new clinic! You did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?