Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Déjà vu

 “Libras are all about balance and harmony, lending to their easy-going nature. But when it comes to weighing work time and playtime, they'd much rather be social and have fun. Thank goodness your lucky day is Friday!”  (LIVE BY THE STARS horoscope)

TGIF, indeed! 

I’m having a strong sense of déjà vu this morning, although with this situation I am certain I have actually experienced this circumstance prior to today.  Let me catch you up!

Last Monday was our “phone consult” with F.I.R.M.  The call lasted about 45 minutes and when I hung up I was certain that JCH and I had made a wise decision in changing doctors.  I was also excited to find out that this “glitch” (change in line-up) was only going to cost us a 1 month delay (if that). 

Since Monday I have probably spoken to the doctor, Dr. Winslow and IVF Nurse Coordinator, Patty, 10-15 times (that is probably the TOTAL amount of calls I EVER got from SEFC over a 10 month period).  I already feel so comfortable with both of them.  I know it sounds silly but Patty says things like “okay, girlie, lets do this”, and “yay, I can’t wait to get you two down here”…which makes it personal…and not so artificial (like our last experience).

So you are probably wondering why the sense of déjà vu this morning (because this sounds like two TOTALLY different experiences).  I just called Patty because I got my “menstrual cycle” (and by now I know that the timing of everything is contingent upon that) and “in short” the conversation goes, “start your birth control tomorrow, in 17 days you will come in for a trial transfer, and than we will be looking at the week of October 30th for the retrieval and implantation”.   Heard (and planned for) all of this before...
EEEEEEEEEEEE sooo excited!!! That is the REASON for the sense of déjà vu!  The feeling of excitement—it’s so familiar and so nice and our “baby-making day” --it’s on the calendar, again!

Oh yeh, one last thing.  Patty spoke to my OB-GYN here in Charleston, Dr. Conatser, and they determined that my Follicle Monitoring and Estradiol Stats (blood work) could be done here in Charleston (which will save me SEVERAL long trips down to FLORIDA).  In total it looks like we will only need to travel down to Jacksonville 4 times...not too bad! The first trip down will be October 10th...it's safe to start the countdown...again!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Cas - I was worried with the Deja vu title and went in reading with my pillow in front of my face. I'm SOOO HAPPY to hear that the Deja Vu was a good Deja Vu and I was smiling throughout the ending of your post. I'm so happy for your next date and thrilled how wonderful Dr. Winslow and Patty are, I want to meet them and give 'em a hug for being so wonderful to you. I'm starting the countdown my dear. Love you guys!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tam! It was strange to write the future stream of events as though it was a road I had already gone down. I'm excited and hopeful for the future!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?