Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Something NEW Everyday

JCH is out of town and little man and I are having some serious “mommy and me” time.  No reason to cook or clean and no additional “wife duties” on top of my “mom duties”.  Yes, I am letting my “inner slob” out!  I’m reading “Brain Rules for Baby:  How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five” by John Medina and it is a fabulous read.  A rather interesting fact that I came across in this book:

“…having a husband around actually creates an extra seven hours of work per week for women.  A wife saves her husband about an hour of housework per week.”

I think our household might actually be double that!  How did I not realize that having a husband is actually very similar to having a child?  I guess you must first be a parent to make the connection.  It’s not just me either.  I have several friends who are new to parenthood and the number one complaint is “house-work load”.  I’m not bashing men.  It’s a fact.  They apparently do not see messes.  Sure they can take the initiative at work, when driving, in the sack, but they absolutely cannot, when it comes to what needs to be done around the house.  So the big question is, how can a lady get some help around here?  I think this is where the “nagging wife” comes into play…and I do not want to be that.  Do you more experienced “homemakers” have any suggestions for us rookies?

Anyway, onto a much more exciting topic…Henry!  Mommy took a much needed weekend trip to NYC to visit one of my best friends.  Saturday morning before I left, Henry started crawling!  It was kind of a pirate/peg-leg crawl…but he was mobile!  When daddy left for work he waved “bye-bye” and Henry waved back!  Last week we had realized we hadn’t been teaching him to wave so I told JCH to start waving to Henry when he left for work.  Sure enough one week later, little man had mastered the idea.  Smart little cookie!  He also started giving kisses, open-mouthed slobber ones, but might be the best kiss I’ve ever had!!!  We’re not done there.  He is sitting up from a laying position, pulling up on furniture, walking around the house while mommy holds onto his hands, saying mama and dada and even calls his bottle, “bob”.  He plays “gotcha” with me, daddy and “brother” (yes we call Teddy-the dog his brother).  He is loving solid foods and anytime I’m munching on anything I have to give him a little taste.  Such a curious little booger.  He loves pickles.  Today he chased me around the house (crawling), while I vacuumed.  He loves the vacuum!  Meanwhile his “brother” hides perched on the couch.  Henry wants to climb on everything!  He pulls up on the tables, couches, his toys, the dog, the entertainment center.  He loves to play in the dirt outside.   The other night I gave him a bath and he had dirt under his finger nails…so gross and such a boy!  He is a little adrenaline junky!!! He LOVES to bounce, be thrown in the air, swooshed upside down, anything that gives him a rush he revels and finds so much delight in, and he’s been that way from birth.  I specifically remember having to tell daddy to be gentle with him when he was a newborn, and then watching Henry love it so much I couldn’t tell him to stop. Oh boy!

Well, I’m going to take advantage of Henrys nap time by watching my DVR’d episodes of Grey’s Anatomy and munching on some ice cream.  “Single girl” behavior while daddy is away! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?