Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Time to get serious


Hopefully you weren't expecting this post to be "serious". What I mean is that I need to get serious about getting back in the game. I have been a mess. Still not quite washing my hair everyday, pretty much wear sweats or yoga pants everyday, only get out of the house once or twice a week, and heavens...put on make up or curl my hair? Probably once every other week. Those are just the silly and easy transitions that I need to make...there's more...

Yesterday I had a much needed facial. It was amazing! I mentioned that my skin is really rough and porous "post baby" and she said that most women have to change up their "daily skincare regimen" in their 30's (hold up, I'm only 29). Sadly my "daily skincare regimen" is washing my face in the shower in the morning, and splashing cold water on at night. Yep we've got work to do. Starting my new (recommended) regimen today.

Another daily regimen I need to get on is exercise! I've lost the tummy, but weight is still lingering that I would like to shed...mostly in my thighs and butt, but even in my face and arms! GROSS! I'm very interested in enrolling in a boot camp to get back to my "ideal body" and then can go back to my "half ass" work outs (which usually consists of wii fit, riding my bike, running with the dog, or even on the treadmill- gasp) for my routine maintenance! Got to keep this motor running! Any suggestions? (and don't say p90x or whatever that other one is) Maybe crossfit?

Another laughable situation is with my breasts (yes I said breasts)! They never really got that big when I was pregnant or breastfeeding but for some reason, now that I'm not breastfeeding, my bras don't really fit (guess the boobs shrunk). Normally you would just jump down a size, but let's get real, VS doesn't make a bra smaller then what I used to wear. So I'm on the hunt and ready to invest in those little demi bras (that look like a training bra) but made with lace to "sex it up". If you are also a member of the "itty bitty titty committee" maybe you can share what your favorite bra is?

Lastly, gonna get out of the house more! I've enrolled Henry in a weekly "mommy and me" music class at Kindermusik! Pretty excited to see how he interacts with the other kids, and to potentially meet some "stay at home mommy's". I'm also going to be more committed to my Wednesday night hip-hop class...and see where this boot camp/cross fit takes me!

It's about time a fire got lit under my butt! I'm not sure what it was, but I'm feeling motivated and ready to start making some changes!!!

On another note, you have got to see this video of Henry, using his "mesh feeder" with avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?