Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baby magic and many excitements

Remember my cliffhanger from last week where I said I was super excited about some NEWS and I couldn’t wait to share?  Totally worth the wait (or at least I think so).  Well, today we are in a sharing mood…and I am pleased to announce that baby Henry is going to have a new and younger cousin.  Yep, my sister is PREGNANT too!!  The same sister who traveled down here all the way from Minot, North Dakota to throw me a baby shower a few weeks ago (yep looks like I will be flying to her destination soon enough to repay her for that one) and the same sister who is planning to attempt to get here for the birth of my son.  I say “attempt” because (let me repeat myself) she lives in MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA…and it’s no easy feat getting anywhere when you live in the middle of nowhere.  The last trip took a FULL DAY with 3 layovers…and that was with a previously purchased plane ticket…who knows what’s going to happen when I go into labor.  HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to my sister, her husband, and her beautiful 8 year old daughter!  I can’t wait to meet my new nephew/niece!

Let me just say that it REALLY excites me that she is having another baby.  Both her and my older sister had little girls (8 years ago) within a few months of each other and they are by far the most precious cousins I have ever seen.  They are like sisters only have two very different and very unique sets of parents who make them so extraordinarily wonderful …they are my magic.  I know it’s not fair, but I am hoping that this new cousin is a BOY…Henry needs his magic too.  I asked my sister to send me a picture of her “baby bump”.  She is MUCH smaller than I was at 12 weeks…but she also reminded me that she is only 11 weeks and 5 days…love you sister.  :P

Let me also say how VERY EXCITED I am that my sister is “going to do her best to get out here for the birth of Henry”!  As I have probably already said a million times my 3 sisters and I are like 1 soul.  We are so close and can say and do anything in front of each other (makes for great times and obsessiveness with each other).  They are my best friends.  I’ve read so many different blogs, books, etc. that caution “moms to be” on situation that arise at the hospital and I couldn’t think of a better person to be there for me, JCH and Henry than one of my sisters (or my mother of course).
We finally settled on a pediatrician! On Monday we got squeezed in with a pediatrician that we have REALLY wanted to meet, at a practice that has come highly recommended by several friends.  So that’s done and with the best outcome possible!  YES!  We also settled on our decision NOT to bank Henry’s cord blood.  We went back and forth on this issue until it was almost a “paper-rocks-scissors” decision…which may make some of yall cringe…but we honestly COULD NOT argue very strongly either way.  I feel good about our decision.  Another check mark off the list.  This past weekend we also cleaned out the fridge, organized our closets, did every bit of laundry and cleaning in the house, went on several dates to breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even went out to the movies…we are ready!!! COME ON BABY HENRY!!!!  What are we forgetting?  If you have a baby or children, what would you have “made sure you did” before your little bundle of joy came (dont say "take a long beach vacation" because I'm pretty sure we cant check that off the list before then)?
I’ve got MORE maternity pictures to share.  I PROMISE I will get those uploaded SOON.  The CD reader on my laptop is broken and my time at work is very precious…so I haven’t had a personal minute to upload the pics.  SOON I PROMISE! Hopefully I can get them uploaded tomorrow!!!  Stay tuned- any day now for Baby Henry's arrival!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I wish that I had gotten a haircut and color and one last pedicure in before Luciana came. It took me over a month to be able to get out since I breast feed and I chose the much needed haircut with the one hour that I was able to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a great post and congrats to your sister! I hope he comes on my birthday!!!!!

    I'd also second a hair cut, mani / pedi - treat yourself! Have some ice cream! Go to a movie! Etc.

    Before the second, I'm trying to check off a long to do list - organizing / decorating the house... finishing scrapbooks, etc. It's a bit overwhelming to say the least.

    -Tara
    http://madmaxandfamily.blogspot.com
    http://blog.chron.com/madabouttown/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What news! I love it! Congratulations Briana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies- you have read my mind because I did ALL OF THOSE things! I got my hair cut and colored last week, a last prenatal massage, and a pedicure just a few days ago. Wow now I really feel ready! Only thing still up in the air is the "WAXING"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As to the waxing...just keep this in mind. I know you are not planning to have a C-section. Neither was I! I was adamantly against it, but after 27 hrs it became clear that Kylie wasn't going to fit through and surgery was the only option. After my C-section, nothing was going anywhere near my scar, definitely not hot wax or a razor, for a while. It was only really sore for a couple weeks, but it was very "sensitive" for a long time. If you're on the fence, go for the wax!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?