Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

3 more weeks...or maybe tomorrow!

Every day I hear on numerous occasions, “when is your due date?”…and every day I answer, “3 more weeks, or maybe tomorrow”.  Since I hit 37 weeks on Saturday I spent all weekend joking that I wished we would get a tropical storm or maybe just a crazy thunderstorm that would cause the barometric pressure to drop and theory goes…”induce an early labor”.  Last night we had a loud and dramatic thunderstorm…and boy was I eating my words.  I’m not ready for Henry to come early!  I’ve got 3 more weeks, and I need AT LEAST 1 more!  Yes I'm a HUGE procrastinator.

I’m nearly ready for the “nursery reveal”.  I act like it’s such a big deal only because JCH convinced me that it would be “way more special” if I sewed the bedding for the nursery rather than allowing my expert seamstress mother to do it, or maybe just splurging a little on the “Land of Nod” stuff that I had my eye on.  Needless to say, learning a new (and not so easy hobby) while 7-9 months pregnant may not have been the best idea.  I have spent countless nights ironing fabric while my back is killing me to stand up, and have cried out of frustration on multiple accounts.  Just a few nights ago JCH had to take over the “changing pad cover” project that I was about to throw in the trash…I had given up and he has a strange knack for “being good at everything he tries”.  So what have I successfully completed?  Fitted sheets, the crib skirt, curtains, and the changing pad cover (kind of).  I still need to finish the bumper (which I am seriously so afraid of that I keep putting off)…and my mother is using all of the scrap fabric from my projects to make a quilt that will perfectly match.  SO EXCITED!

I also need one more week to get my “hospital bag” packed.  Call me a procrastinator but I waited until last week to run through a few checklists of what to bring…and came across several things that I needed to pick up.  I honestly HATE shopping now…by the time I get to the front door of the store I am exhausted and just want to turn around and go home.  I get so frustrated by inconsiderate people who lack empathy or compassion for my difficulty in getting around (which ends up putting me in a very cross mood). SO I need this last week to ensure that I get all of my ONLINE SHOPPING orders in, washed, and packed.  I still need my itunes playlist (any suggestions?), not completely settled on little mans “going home” outfit, and I need a few options for mommy for when the photographer comes to snap a few pics of the happy new family.

I also need a little more time to figure out this “pediatrician thing”.  YES. I. KNOW.  It’s ridiculous that we don’t have a pediatrician chosen.  I’ve got some GREAT recommendations for practices in our “burb” area of Charleston, I just need to narrow down my selection and take a few “meet and greet” interviews to make my decision.  Going to try to do that this week.

I’m also calling this last week my “pampering week”.  I’ve scheduled a hair appointment, prenatal massage, and pedicure.  I’ve got to get this stuff in while I still can, right?.  What else should I do this week that I may be forgetting?  I’m debating the “brazillian wax”…yes, no? 

Lastly, I need 1 more week to wrap things up at work.  I’m sure they can get by without me…but there are just a few important and incomplete tasks that I just feel compelled to complete. 

A few "medical" updates (sorry it’s been almost a month):
Two weeks ago my doctor’s appointment did not go so well.  My blood pressure was “high”, my heart rate was so high they have officially diagnosed me with tachycardia, and my hemoglobin levels were on the low side (my body is not keeping up with the nutritional demands of pregnancy).  I left the doctor’s office with a lot on my mind.  How was I going to manage the demands of launching a new name and brand at work within the next two weeks, and lower my blood pressure simultaneously?  How was I going to become a “better eater”?  My indigestion has been so horrible that medicine is just not doing the trick- pretty much the only thing that works is by making adjustments to my diet…and sometimes that means that I don’t end up eating dinner because my stomach is so full (yep not a "good eater").  It also means absolutely no spicy food, no fried food, no red meat…and of course none of the other easy to eat things like “deli meat”…so finding something to eat (with nutritional value) ends up being such a chore.  I’ve found Carnation Breakfast Essentials to be surprisingly wonderful…but nothing else (any suggestions?).  I’ve also found that carbonated water (La Croix) helps with the indigestion…it makes me burp, and that makes me feel better (temporarily anyway-lol).  I went BACK to the doctor last Tuesday (impromptu because my vagina had swollen so bad it felt like I had “man parts” down there) and got a slightly better report card (ps the vagina is back to normal and the doctor said it was “just one of those strange things caused by pregnancy”).  My heart rate was still high, my blood pressure was “better”, and my hemoglobin had gone up.  My doctor was still very adamant about rest, relaxation and putting my feet up.  My boss is also concerned and therefore has suggested that I work half-days from home.  I’ve really tried to get out of work to go home and put my feet up and work from my laptop…but I’ve had a REALLY HARD TIME finding a stopping point before 4pm.  Maybe this week I will try harder.

Okay, I promise to POST pictures next time.  Baby shower pictures, maternity pictures, and “before and after” pictures….yay so many exciting things to share…I’ve been so neglectful (busy).  I also have a VERY BIG SECRET to share…but not sure when I get to…so stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

  1. What a cliffhanger! Don't forget to come back and share for your particularly nosey readers (me)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan- I dropped the bomb!! :) WORTH IT? RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?