Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pregnancy Brain

We had our very first ultrasound yesterday morning down in Jacksonville with Dr. Winslow at F.I.R.M., and with all of that driving Wednesday and Thursday I was just too exhausted to write an update.  You won’t believe what we did.

Winslow comes into the room and tells us that we are 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and that we should be able to see and hear a heartbeat by now.  I asked him if I could record it and he smiled and said, “of course”!  The ultrasound begins and within seconds Winslow is able to tell us that we have ONE strong rapid heartbeat.  Yes, just one.  One healthy baby!  Winslow measured our baby and said it is growing at a perfect rate, and that its heartbeat is solid and strong (which is another thing they look for and like to see).  As soon as I text my mom she says, “rapid heartbeat means its a baby girl”!  I guess she’s had 4 of us- she should be able to tell by now.  Let the betting pools begin.  Winslow looked around a little more to be sure one wasn’t hiding and we talk A LOT about our miracle baby and how it’s growing and before I know it I’m sitting up and asking my “questions” and everyone is getting a little chuckle at my expense. 

As I’m getting dressed it instantly occurs to me that WE DIDN’T LISTEN TO THE HEARTBEAT! Somehow every single one of us got so caught up in talking that we forgot to listen to the heartbeat.  JCH asked if I wanted him to grab the doctor so we could do it, but we decided it would give us something else to look forward to the next time.  SILLY BILLY’s…I cannot believe we forgot!  After all of the anticipation of getting to hear it and we forgot!  So now the next big thing (other than watching the progression of our babies’ growth and to be sure it remains healthy) is to LISTEN to the heartbeat.  SO EXCITED!

In the meantime, I’m feeling pretty good.  I’m just barely a little queasy.  I get waves of nausea randomly throughout the day but its manageable and nothing like I was expecting.  I’m still SO TIRED though.  That has definitely been the hardest part of all of this…and with no coffee either!

Our baby is almost the size of a blueberry right now and growing fast.  I’m still drinking my “green monsters” and trying to eat sweet potatoes and other super foods to keep my baby growing strong.  I haven’t picked up my prenatal yoga videos yet, but I feel like my hips and thighs are growing exponentially every day…so I need to start getting some exercise.  The next ultrasound is 2-3 weeks but I will keep y’all posted in the meantime with any changes.

This little handsome man is a friend of mines' nephew.  Seriously one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time.  Can anyone tell me where I can find that toy? SERIOUSLY SO CUTE!


4 comments:

  1. My favorite super food is avocado. Yay for Baby H's strong, healthy heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited! I cried and cried at my 7 week appt when we saw the heartbeat and again at the 13 week when I saw and heard the heartbeat! Such a perfect moment! I can't wait to hear about more of your progress! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I also wanted to pass along a website I keep handy! www.pregnology.com. It is customized to you and tells you how many days along you are and how many days along you have to go! Plus it shows weekly pictures of babies in utero, so you can see what your baby is up to! It helps to see what's going on in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutest baby dancing ever!!!! can you tell it's my nephew??? congrats again!!! can't wait to hear the recording.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?